Health and safety has once again been very seriously considered and the Government guidance has been followed to ensure safety and compliance for all. Now that we have confirmation of sessions we have been able to find a way of accommodating the staggered school start and finish times. This will be at no extra cost, fees remain the same.
Taking everything into consideration we will not be providing breakfast whilst we remain under the COVID-19 rules and regulations. A snack and drinks will be available after school but it will be a restricted menu.
Please read through the guidance and our expectations below...
Key Measures and Guidance for Parents
Collection and drop-off times
Only 1 adult should drop off and collect their child at any one time, where possible.
It is particularly important during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak that we have your most up-to-date contact details in case of an emergency. You will be asked to provide daily information when you drop your child off to the setting (the checklist of questions is below). You will be met by a member of staff at our meeting/drop off point at the far end of Scallywags ramp. Please be patient during drop off to allow the member of staff to complete the form.
Signing in and out to be done by staff member
Checklist to be completed daily:
- Name of person who dropped off
- Contact details for who dropped off
- Who will be picking up?
- What items they arrived with
A bell will be positioned at the end of the ramp, please press this to announce your arrival (hand sanitiser is available at this point for parents / carers). A member of staff will come outside to greet you.
Parents are not permitted to enter the building or the ramp
Parents please stand on the grass at the far end of the ramp (towards school). This will allow passing at a social distance on the footpath down from the school gate.
Please adhere to social distancing.
Children must wash their hands in the staff cloakroom sink on arrival.
Children will be assigned their bubble group area. A member of staff will help them with this. Children will choose a seat at a table in their area and chat/draw/colour for the initial start whilst the staff are managing with the arrival of the children. Contact and mixing between the groups of children will be minimised by altering the environment to allow for ‘bubble year grouping’.
Each child will be assigned a plastic container. To minimise sharing, this will include:
- Colouring pencils / Paper / Individual equipment for activity
- Colouring sheets / Activity sheets
During the session the children will remain in their bubble area or outside, this may be at a desk for some of the session. Activities will be more structured than the usual free run/free play than before COVID-19, but activities will remain fun and engaging for all.
Where possible, the activities will be held outdoors. Children should bring a change of clothes and a waterproof coat clearly labelled please.
Please bring with you (each item clearly labelled please):
- A water bottle
- Change of clothes
- Waterproof coat
- Inhalers/Epi pens (if applicable)
Please remember... mobile phones are not allowed in the setting and children cannot bring their own toys with them.
Throughout the day
- Contact with individuals will be minimised.
- Staff and children attending will wash their hands more often than usual, this includes on arrival, before and after activities/snack times and before and after using toilet/washroom facilities.
- Scallywags will ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
- Frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned more often than usual using standard products, such as detergent or antibacterial spray/cloths.
- There will be an increased frequency of cleaning of toilets and washrooms.
We very much look forward to seeing you on your first session.
From The Scallywags Team